Sunday, July 8, 2012

Wait... what?

Did you know I'm already a sophomore at BYU??

Where did the time go?? 


I know you're thinking... "Shelby, you said in the last post you wanted time to speed up so you could get to Utah!" 

Yeah.. well.. I have been journalizing my scrapbooks that mom finished and realized.. time is already going by fast. 

I think it hit me today that.. I'm living my dreams. Riiiight... now! 

I remember when I was 14, I went to EFY for the first time. It's a week-long summer camp my church has. It was the first time I had been around such a large group of Mormon kids my age. It was then that I realized... Mormons aren't too bad :) And... maybe someday... I should go to a school full of them! BYU was my goal from then on. 

Fast-forward to when I'm 17, the night before my brother leaves to serve a 2-year mission for the Lord. It's probably 2am, he's laying on my bed and we are talking about all the things that will happen while he's gone. I would graduate from high school, go to BYU, and finish my freshman year of college before he came home. I remember saying that I hoped I'd make good friends in college. But Brandon was always more worried about the boys. Before he received his call, he told me that he was going to serve in Provo so that he could keep an eye on me. After he was called to Salt Lake City, he said "See, I told you!" :) 

And now.. I'm 19. Brandon comes home in 18 days, and all of those things have happened!

It's crazy how fast the time goes. Before I know it, I'll be turning 30 with kids running around the house and a sweet husband by my side.

I'm excited for what's going to come in the many years ahead, but right now...
I'm going to enjoy where I am now :)



No comments:

Post a Comment