Sunday, July 15, 2012

This week..

Hello everyone!

If you've seen the TLC commercial, where a guy says he's "crafting his (ace) off"..well, that's been me this week.  

Here is what I've finished..


This is my favorite.
 I found some wood at the farm, painted it, outlined the state with nails and then wrapped string all around it! And... Voila! :)



I can't take much credit for this one, but I have been helping mom with it. It's all of my high school t-shirts, into one big blanket. I love it!! Mom has done an awesome job, and I can't wait to have it on my bed at school next year.


I've also finished a total of 4 aprons.. I have 2 to finish this week. So I'll post a picture once I finish all 6 of them. These are for myself, and my roommates! Then I'm working on this frame with the home states of all my roommates. It's going to look pretty neat; I just need to take the time to finish it.


Other things of note this week..
  • I loaded up on stuff from my great-grandma's house, who passed earlier this year. I'm really grateful that I'm going to be able to use a lot of her stuff for my apartment! Kitchen supplies, a TV, etc. My roommates and I are all very excited to not have to worry about purchasing these things. It's been quite a blessing. 
  • I have a new baby cousin! His name is Brody Scott Krueger, I'll hopefully be heading down to Dallas next weekend to see him.
  • I was able to listen to Ryan Hawkley's homecoming talk! He served as a missionary in Brazil for 2 years, and it was really cool to see how it's affected his life. He seems a lot more confident in himself, and much stronger in his testimony of Jesus Christ. It's truly amazing what missions can do. 
  • Speaking of missions... Brandon will be home in 11 days! :)

A quote I read in the book I'm reading, that I really liked..

"There's a big confusion in this country over what we want versus what we need. You need food, you want a chocolate sundae. You have to be honest with yourself. You don't need the latest sports car, you don't need the biggest house. The truth is, you don't get satisfaction from those things. You know what really give you satisfaction? Offering others what you have to give. Devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning."
-Tuesdays with Morrie

2 comments:

  1. Shelbs! I didn't know you were a crafter too...is there anything you can't do? you are just loaded to the brim with talent! I miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachelle! Haha thank you! I would make one correction though: PINTEREST is loaded to the brim with talent :) Hope you're doing okay; you are one awesome women! Drink a couple diet cokes for me. ;)

      Delete