Sunday, July 29, 2012

Hello, Seattle.

Saturday morning... we left for Seattle, Washington!!
 Brother!

Sydney would "hook up' to mom's purse anytime we walked around. She's a mess!

This... is my dad and this picture shows exactly why we call him 'Pops'. His hair is getting grayer, his vision is starting to fail him, and then there's his "turtle tongue". (You'd be better off not asking.) But, no matter how old he gets, and how many gray hairs we give him.. we'll still love him :)

Seattle from my hotel room. 

Ran into one of my friends from BYU! Hannah Hoyt. AKA: The QB.


We spent the first day in Seattle just wandering around. There was a huge parade for some festival they had going on, so most of the downtown area was packed! We saw some pretty sketchy people. Washington is a pretty liberal state, and between paying 5 cents for sacks at stores, 4/20 t-shirts everywhere, and covering Sydney's eyes a few times I realized, again, how much I love Oklahoma. (Even if it is absurdly hot there in the Summer.)

The second day we did some shopping, and walked down to the pier. We also went to the market, which was really cool. Lots of fish, fruit, and flowers. 

 At the pier!

Quickly making friends at a park in Seattle.

So far, so good! And.. the best is yet to come. Getting on the cruise boat in a couple hours, and then next stop... ALASKA!


P.S. Dear Okies: I apologize for leaving you at this dreadful time. I almost couldn't believe my eyes when I saw a temperature of 110 on my 7-day forecast for Oklahoma. But.. gotta say, it's wonderful timing on my part. 

No comments:

Post a Comment