Monday, May 14, 2012

Welcome to the Real World, Shelby.

What is Summer Break?? 
I'm just now realizing that Summer will never be the same. 
No more, care-free, work a little, play a lot Summer.
Guess that's what my parents meant when they said I'm an adult :)

So let's see... I got a job at Grace Living Center in Norman as a CNA. It is really a great facility, and after my first full week I am finally getting the system down. I work from 7am-3pm, Mon-Fri, which is exactly what I wanted, and I really do like it. The only thing I would say I don't like... are the other employees!! Some of my co-workers love complaining to me about someone else not doing their job. It gets annoying after awhile... especially when the people I work with are a good 15 years older than me. It's not my job to worry about what the other nurses on my hall are doing, it's my job to take care of the residents.
 So quit complaining, and do your job! Other than the immature adults.. I really enjoy it. The residents are some of the funniest people I've met.

Life is great. It really is. :) 
I had a wonderful 19th birthday a few weeks a go with the family, and I'm really soaking up all the family time. Mother's Day yesterday was fantastic. We went as a family to my Grandma's grave, which was really nice to see, and after church, all of my grandparents came over to the house and we ate, ate, and ate some more. :) When they all left, the kids and I decided to try out our new trampoline.. 







AND.. since it was Mother's Day.. we Skyped BRANDON!! 

ONLY 2 MONTHS & 12 DAYS!

Besides working, I'm hoping to get started on a few projects for my apartment next year; however, time always seems to get away from me. I'm enjoying every second of the Play-off's, watching my Thunder boys play, and I'm getting into my late Grandma and Great-Grandma's genealogy work. I have found so many cool things & I have only scratched the surface! It's a lot of fun.

Although this Summer isn't quite a "break"right now, it's going to be great no matter what. I'm missing my roommates from BYU, but.. it will be August before I know it. So I'm going to stay busy, and not wish this Summer away... There won't be another one like it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment