Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Trip to Texas

Last weekend.. was amazing! We somehow ended up getting a big group of BYU friends to meet up in Dallas. My friend Meghan flew to OKC from California, and along with Jessica (a future roommate who lives in Edmond) we drove down! It was a fun road trip. Then in Dallas, our friend Randy flew there with his dad (for a business trip) from California, Ryan lives in Plano, and then Rex is in Norman for the Summer and drove down Friday afternoon.. 

ANYWAYS... Jess, Meghan, and I drove down Thursday night. We picked up my cousin, Dalton, and headed to Bahama Bucks to get a snow cone!
Cousin!!

She is so talented.


Then we all went to the lake Friday (along with Eric, and Jarett). We rented a boat, and had a lot of fun tubing, and just swimming around the boat. Here's some pics...

The group :)
Eric and me on the tube!

Love these chicas! 



Miller driving the boat!
Eric.... being Eric.
After the lake we ate, and watched a movie at my aunts house. Then on Saturday we went to Hurricane Harbor! (Yes... I did get a tan being outside so much.) No pictures from Hurricane Harbor.. but it was pretty fun. That night we watched the Thunder BEAT the Lakers, and stayed up late having fun while... doing a lot of nothing.. haha :) Then Sunday... church! 

Looove this picture. 
REX!! This guy is living in Norman for the Summer.. Can't wait!


Doing the "Miller".. 

 Drove home Sunday.. and before Meghan left for Cali early the next morning we took her on the zip line at the farm!


.... yep... that's my sister! 

 It was great to get away for a few days, see some old friends, and make new ones. Since being home from the Y, my social life has drastically decreased.. which is completely expected, but it was definitely a nice change for the weekend. BUT.. now back to work and all of that fun stuff :) 


I started Insanity on Monday.. I'll keep you guys updated with how much that's kicking my butt... and I have started 1 of the 6 aprons I'm making this Summer for myself and the roommates. 

Here is the "before" picture...



No comments:

Post a Comment