Friday, January 18, 2013

Dear Sister Orr.... :)

 After a lot of waiting...I went to the mailbox in the morning, and the mailman had just gotten there! It was perfect. I may have slightly stalked him, but hey.. you gotta do whatcha gotta do. :)


Later that day.. I opened it! I had my family on Skype, and a lot of friends at my apartment.  Here's the video!



Dear Sister Orr:

You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Arizona Mesa Mission. In addition to your calling to share the gospel, you will be assigned to serve in the Mesa Arizona Temple Visitors' Center. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months. You should report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on Wednesday, May 29, 2013. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish language.

I don't even know where to start!! I am so excited to be able to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. For those of you that don't know how it works, I will leave on May 29, 2013 to the Missionary Training Center (MTC) in Provo, UT. After 6 weeks of learning Spanish, how to teach and be a missionary I will head straight to Mesa, Arizona. I can't wait to learn Spanish and teach everyone about the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is true. I know that the Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ, in addition to the Bible, and that it has brought me more happiness than I could ever imagine. I love that I am going to Mesa, Arizona. I know it is the perfect place for me to serve, and I can't wait to bring the joy of the gospel to those I teach. 

I am so grateful for my family, and all the support they've given me with this decision as they have my entire life. I'm also grateful for all my friends. Even though they don't want me to go, they have all been so supportive. I can't wait to start this new adventure in my life. :) 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the video! You can tell you are just so excited!! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete