Thursday, August 16, 2012

Where did the time go??

My baby sister is starting first grade today. When did that happen?! 



I look at these, and can only think of how young we both look. But... I don't feel like it was that long ago. It seems like just yesterday the nurse was handing her to me. I was the first person to hold her after she was born, and I remember telling her, "I'm your big sister, Shelby. We're going to be best friends someday." What I didn't know.. was that 'someday' started right that second. 

As much as I'll miss everyone in my family when I go back to school... I'll miss Sydney the most. I'll miss watching her gymnastics. I'll miss her scaring me with a Justin Bieber cut-out in the closet. I'll miss watching her grow up.  It's tough. She doesn't always understand why I have to leave. She sometimes asks, "When are you going back on your mission?" Haha..with Brandon serving his mission in Utah, it's confused her a bit. 

I have one more week home, and it will be full of this little girl. :) 

Life goes by fast. Don't waste it worrying about things that... in the long run.. really don't matter. 

1 comment:

  1. It's sad! My brother was 2 when I moved away from home so he doesn't remember me at all except as a married momma with crazy kids.

    ReplyDelete