Wednesday, April 10, 2013

I Love Music

If you know me... you know that I love music. I can't sing or play an instrument well; however, that doesn't matter. I still love it. One of my favorite things to do is look for new songs. I love finding those hidden gems that you'll probably never hear on the radio. 

In preparing to leave for my mission, I have been trying to find more gospel/religious songs. There are some great songs in that genre; however, I am really going to miss the rest of my music library. Today, I took a break from looking up songs for my "Mission Playlist" and went back to my "Be Chill" playlist which has some of my very favorite artists that I hadn't listened to in awhile. I thought I'd compile a list (for myself, and for anyone wanting some new music). These songs are all very.. "chill" :) haha.. which is my favorite kind!

Ben Rector: His "Into the Morning" album is fantastic. Favorites are "She is", "When a Heart Breaks", "Without You" and "Loving You is Easy"
Elle Mae Bowen: "Holding Out For a Hero"
Tyrone Wells: "All I'm Thinking of" "Happy As the Sun" & "Give Me on Reason"
He Is We: I'm obsessed with this band. Different style, but I love all of their songs. Check out "All About Us" & "Happily Ever After".. then all of them..
Tim Halperin: "The Last Song"
Steve Moakler: "Thing About Us" & "Hesitate"
Andrew Ripp: "You Will Find Me"
Parachute: "The Way It Was" Album is all really good. 
Mat Kearney: "Count on Me", "Where We Gonna Go From Here" & "Ships in the Night" Saw him in concert. Love his songs.
Jon McLaughlin: "Beautiful Disaster", "Maybe It's Over" & "Human" Looove him.
Boyce Avenue: "Dare to Believe" & "On My Way"
Cam Nacson: "The Words I Couldn't Say" & "Crazy Kids"
Ed Sheeran: "Kiss Me" & "Give Me Love"
Gavin DeGraw: His new song "You Know Where I'm At" along with many others
The Maine: "Thinking of You" & "Whoever She Is"
Graham Colton: "Hold onto my Heart" &"Love Comes Back Around"
Matt Nathanson: "Still", "Bent" "I Saw"
Jason Reeves: "Reaching" & "To This Day"
Joshua Radin: "Paperweight", "Brand New Day"  & "The Fear You Won't Fall"
Holiday Parade: "Driving Away" & "Look out Below"
Lindsey Ray: "You Make Me Happy"
Andy Grammer: "Miss Me" & "Fine By Me"
Ron Pope: "A Drop in the Ocean" & "Our Song"
The Script: Their popular ones, but also "Science & Faith" It's great.
Stephen Speaks: "Out of My League"
Icarus Account: "Unpredictable".. and others 

Maybe you've heard of some of them. These are just some favorites of mine that aren't very popular, I have many more but I think this is a good list. I, of course, love all my country and other popular music, but... there's a lot more out there besides what the radio plays. :)

I suppose I should get back to my Physics homework now.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment