Monday, April 1, 2013

Cowntdowns

4 days until Mom and Megan come to Utah.
24 days until I get home. 
57 days until I leave on my mission.

Today I realized I have been looking forward to these things a lot more than I should be. It's that whole "enjoy where you are" saying that I often overlook. 

As the weeks are winding down with school (right before they pick up again with finals), I have realized how much I'm actually going to miss this place. Sure, Utah isn't Oklahoma, but it's become my home away from home. When I drive into Utah Valley and see the big Y on the mountain.. I feel like I'm coming home. It's the same feeling I get when I look out the window of the airplane as it touches down in Oklahoma and I see miles and miles of flat land. I really have grown to love Utah for the friends I've made, the school I attend, the gorgeous mountains, and even the culture that sometimes drives me crazy. Sure, it doesn't compare to Oklahoma, but I'll miss it all the same. 

I'm really going to miss my roommates. There have been days where I've wanted to duct tape their mouths shut and put them in the trunk of a car... but besides those days.. I've loved the last 2 years we've had together. :) A lot of us are going different directions after this year, but nothing can truly break us up.

As much as I'm going to miss BYU, the roomies, and other friends.. It doesn't come close to the amount of excitement I have towards serving a mission. I've been reining it in as I finish up school, but once those finals are over... :) Let's just say it will be a great feeling. 




No comments:

Post a Comment