Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Joy in the Journey

Sometimes I get caught up in the stressfulness of college life. The constant studying, never-ending midterms, ramen noodles, study groups and the constant search for quarters on laundry day. 

Then... I pause, and realize how great life is. 

Just look around you. It's one of the most beautiful times of the year. I love all the beautiful fall colors and I can't help but smile when I walk under a tree and leaves fall around me. 

I was talking to a friend last night who is at a completely different stage in life than I am, and it made me realize we all have our own trials and stresses. I find myself thinking that things will be easier when I get into my program, or when I graduate, or once I'm married, etc... I'm always looking to the next best thing in life, expecting it to be easier.. but that's not how it works. No matter where you are in life, you're going to have trials and it's not going to be easy.

The key is to find joy in the journey. 

Stop and take one minute to look at the beauty all around you. Tell your family you love them. Say a prayer of gratitude for the life you have and..smile. :) You'll never be at this point in your life again, so enjoy it while you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment